Friday, August 31, 2012

Civics Class

In Civics class, I'm learning about the New England, Middle Colonies, Southern Colonies, the Declaration of Independance, Stamp Act, Quartering Act , Townsend act, and the Tea Act and much more. I think it's kind of interesting knowing about what happened in the past. But only some things interest me about history not all. Sometimes the teacher put videos on about the topic we're learning about, and it's so boring. I learn better if the videos are interesting, when it catches my attention.


 
                                                         http://trochwiki.wikispaces.com/file/view/colonies.png
 Since we're learning about colonies the teacher assigned each student a colony. We have to write the name of the colony the teacher assigned in a big piece of construction paper. But I think we have to write the name going down not across.We have to come up with a sentence that is about our colony but that starts with the colony's letter. We have to do it really neat and creative. The colony the teacher assigned to me is New Jersey. It is one of the Middle Colonies. I think its really easy because I found a good website that gave a lot of information. But I had a little bit of trouble finding sentences that start with the letter Y and E. But other than that it was easy. Now all I have to do is write it on a piece of construction paper and make it neat and creative and I'm done. We also had to do a map and identify the New England, Middle, and Southern Colonies.

 I think this years history class is more interesting. Last year i had world history 2nd semester, I felt like it was so boring. My grades were kind of bad when i had World History because i had a lot of missing work. But this year I have no missing work, I do everything in time so I could get good grades.

2 comments:

  1. So is ig things like acrostic poems that make you enjoy class more? Or is it more about the research and discovering your own information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I liked the acrostic poem because to me it was an easy assignment. She let us color and make it creative so I thought that was fun.

    ReplyDelete