Friday, August 24, 2012

Public Speaking!


My fourth period class is public speaking.  Mr. Paul teaches it but he’s out right now, because his wife had a baby. So we have a substitute right now. I think the substitute is doing a good job at teaching us. We always get our work done. Sometimes we have homework, but not all the time. I like my fourth period class but in the same time I don’t. I’m a very shy person. I mean I’m good at meeting people and okay with talking to people I don’t know. But when it comes to getting in front the class and doing a presentation, I get so nervous! But what I do like about public speaking is that it’s not boring, it’s actually kind of interesting. The activities we do are cool but the only thing I don’t like is getting in front of the class.
                                                                                           https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjk4blNK2obrG-HOLUIbIklmvZhh-XLxE5Ph8vrsabm6dojrQwv3R6kxe5X8TI4kSmJJzH0NPGZdX4oBulCMIiTzS9t6YJ51UnBFXlFnwYPQqStH22YRCYROD95nhsVHWtMwqzcLBCv6OA/s1600/public_speaking.jpeg
Since this is my first week of school we haven’t done much. Monday the substitute made us pair up with a partner; and we had to interview each other about a important event that has happened in our lives. Then, with the info we got from the interview we had to make a story. The next day she made us present our stories to the whole class. She made us pick two wrong things we shouldn’t do during a speech; and she made us do those two wrong things and the class had to guess what we did wrong. Then the next day she made us read a long story about public speaking and answer question. Thursday we had to bring in a bag with 5 things that are about us. Then we had to present it in front of the whole class in form of a speech. So far I like this class.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a useful class! Do you think it will help you get comfortable talking in front of a group of people? Did you have a list of things not to do that you could choose from? I bet that activity was funny to watch!

    ReplyDelete