Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Public Speaking


Have you ever had a project that you had to demonstrate something your good at? Well in my public speaking class we had a demonstration project; and with that project we had to do an outline. This consists on an introduction, thesis statement, significance overview, the body and the conclusion. When we present our demonstration, we had to basically say the information that was on our outline. We had to explain step by step how to do what we were presenting. We had to act like we knew what we were talking about. Many people did easy demonstrations. Some people did Power Points and others demonstrated how to do something threw video because they either cooked or did something that they couldn’t do in class.


What I did for my demonstration project is how to text. I did that because I couldn’t think of anything else and I thought it would be very easy. Since I text every day, I basically know everything you have to know in order to text.  All I did was look up a cool fact from the internet about texting, make up steps of how to text, then writes them down in construction paper, and write information on a notecard about texting. I really didn’t need a notecard but I put information on there in case I forgot what I was going to say, or had trouble remembering something. I wrote the steps on the construction paper so I could get a piece of tape and tape  it to the board so everyone could see it. That helped me because it reminded me what each step was without looking at the notecard. I guess my  presentation went okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment