Friday, September 14, 2012

Random Post!

I turned 15 on July 26. In my whole family, when a girl turns 15 their parents make her a big party called a "quinceñera. My sister had a quinceñera when she turned 15. Now my sister is married. She got married on April 28 2012. My family had wasted a lot of money on her wedding. My birthday was like about 2-3 months later. My mom asked if I wanted a quinceñera but I said no. I never was the type of person that likes a lot of attention. I didn't want my mom to waste a lot of money on decorations, the place it would be at, food and so much more. People mostly didn't bring good gift and wasting all that money, I didn't see the point.
When my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I wanted money. Because I have everything I wanted. I took Drivers Ed before school ended. When I went to get my eyes checked, they said I needed new glasses. But I wanted contacts. I told my mom that I wouldn't ask her for nothing on my birthday if she bought me them for a year. They were really expensive because they were special contacts. They're thicker than ordinary ones, because my eyesight wasn't so good. So she bought me them.
 But when it was my birthday, she knew I wanted money. So she took me shopping and my sister's husband gave me a lot of money. I bought many things. I had fun with my family because we went to eat at a restaurant and I went shopping with them. I spent the whole day with my family. I was so happy because I got more things on my birthday then I would've got if I would've had my 15th party.

1 comment:

  1. How mature to save your family the time and trouble and focus on something that you could really use. It's neat that your family was still able to reward you for your maturity, too!

    ReplyDelete