Thursday, September 6, 2012

Something I Read In Class


 This week, I read an article that's called Why Procrastinating is good for you? In the article, it says that there are two types of procrastinators. The two types of procrastinators are called active procrastinator and passive procrastinator. Active procrastination means you realize that you are putting off mowing the lawn or cleaning your closet, but you are doing something that is more valuable instead. Passive procrastination is just sitting around on your sofa not doing anything.

 The author of the book Wait says that he always procrastinates in every possible way and he always have. In the book Wait say that when faced with a decision, we should find out how long we have to make it, and then wait until the last possible moment to do so.
                                                         http://media.smithsonianmag.com/images/frank-partnoy-procrastination-631.jpg 

Before I read this article I thought procrastination was not a good thing. Because I thought that it was good to do things ahead of time so you won’t have to be worried about it. But I have always procrastinated anyways. I always do things the last minute. When I know I have a lot of time to do things, I always tell myself that I’ll do it later. But the way that the article explains that procrastination isn’t bad it made me change my minds about thinking it was bad.

 But since there are two types of procrastinators, it’s good to be an active procrastinator.  That way you might be putting off something but doing something more important. Some good advice to manage delay is just take a breath, take more pauses. Stare off into the distance. Ask yourself question like what the maximum amount I have to do this.  Think before you do things. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got the distinction between procrastinating productively and procrastinating pointlessly!

    ReplyDelete