Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Things We Do In Public Speaking!

In public speaking class, the teacher made each student memorize a famous speech. But we didn't have to memorize it all, we just had memorize at least 2 minutes of it. We also had to turn in a typed copy of the analysis and purpose of the speech. It had to be atleast 1/2 of a page. We had to present it infront of the class. We didn't have to present the analysis but we did have to present some of the purpose, we didn't have to read the whole thing.

When we were saying the speech he timed us. My famous speech was called 1976 Democratic National Convention Keynote Address by Barbara Charline Jordan. I thought that this was interesting because I found out that Barbara Jordan was the first African American to be elected to the U.S house of representatives. She was also the first female African American women to deliver the keynote address. I thought that was cool.
                              http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515M0YYXF1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

 I had some trouble memorizing the speech because every time I was going to try, I would end up getting entertained by something. I also kept on procrastinating because when the teacher gave us time to do it, I would do other things. The day before it was due I did the purpose and analysis. But I didn't get to memorize it because I was too sleepy. Because by the time I was done it was very late. So I wasn't ready to present it. So I took a late day. But that gave me time to memorize it well. Then when it was the day of my speech, I was so nervous. I was scared that my mind would go blank and that I would forget everything I had memorized. But when I did present, it wasn't bad, I remembered the speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment